Gold One invites students to apply for Bursary Programme 2023 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded to students from the Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality, for studies within the following fields:
- Geological and Earth Sciences
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical Science
- Mining Engineering
- Social Science
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, examination fees, prescribed books, as well as university administered accommodation for full-time students.
The bursary will NOT provide cover for the following expenses (these will be for the students own account): private accommodation, laptops, data, short courses, meals, transport and monthly stipends/ living expenses.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must reside within the Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality’s designated municipal wards
- You must be studying or registered to study towards a qualification in one of the fields listed above, in 2023
- You must be studying or registered to study at a recognised and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa
- You must have a clear criminal record
- Preference will be given to students residing within mine hosting communities (Springs, Benoni, Brakpan and Nigel, as well as townships of these towns)
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online at: Gold One Bursary Application 2023
Note: if you are an internal applicant (an employee of Gold One or their direct dependants), you must obtain an application form from T & A.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Proof of tertiary registration (certified copy)
- Formal quotations for all study-related expenses (certified copy)
- Proof of parents or guardians household income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed, proof of pension or grant if applicable) (certified copies)
- Proof of residence (certified copy).
Bursary Application closing date is 19 November 2022