Rhodes University, RU has opened their applications for 2023. If you wish to apply, Check the steps below;
Rhodes is part of a small group of research-intensive universities in South Africa, and significantly, the only research-intensive university located outside a major urban area. This positioning has enormous implications for students’ learning experience, with many undergraduate courses’ curriculum comprising of ‘service-learning’ where students use their knowledge to engage with local communities through various projects.
How to Apply
To start applying to Rhodes University, click here and select ‘Admission (not yet enrolled at Rhodes’).
- You will need to first register as a user before you can apply online.
To access an application form for a physical application, click here.
If you have already matriculated or completed your O levels / A levels it is essential that you enclose a certified copy of the certificate.
The general formative degrees offered at Rhodes provides students with in-depth knowledge and skills across two disciplinary areas. This allows students to work across a wide range of careers.
The university specialises in six faculties:
- Commerce: Bachelor of Business Science, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Economics, Postgraduate diploma in Accountancy, Postgraduate Diploma in Enterprise Management
- Education: BEd (Foundation Phase Teaching) Degree, BEd (in-service) Degrees, Postgraduate Certificate in Education, Postgraduate Diploma in Higher Education, Bachelor of Education Honours, Masters in Education Degrees, PhD (Education) Degrees
- Humanities: Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Fine Arts, Bachelor of Journalism, Bachelor of Music, Bachelor of Social Sciences
- Law: LLB, LLB, PhD
- Pharmacy: Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Science: Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Science (Information Systems), Bachelor of Science Foundation Programme
For more information on Rhodes University’s entry requirements for various degrees, click here.
Your application will only be considered for admission to the University if you qualify for Bachelor’s degree study AND you satisfy the faculty requirements. To qualify for with a Bachelor’s pass status, learners are required to take seven subjects, four of which are compulsory (two languages, Life Orientation and either Mathematics or Mathematical Literacy) and three of the learner’s own choice from the subjects on offer at the school.